Have you ever thought of maths as hard? Well, here’s a simplified version of its categories:
- Arithmetic: adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing numbers (don’t forget powers and roots!)
- Algebra: using x, y, z, a, w, etc. to figure out the value of an unknown
- Combinatorics: basically combining things?
- Geometry: shapes!!!!! YES!
- Topology: stretching, bending and squeezing solids to make them into different things
- Probability: chances that something will happen
- Statistics: using numerical data to … do stuff?
Yeah, that’s … wait, I forgot:
- Calculus: looking at areas under functions, finding slopes of points, and calculating limits
Yeah, that’s about it.